PRAYER FOCUS THIS WEEK:
Please pray for the senior members of our Church and broader community, many of whom are living in very strict and isolated lock-down environments.
- The biggest challenge facing many of these folk is their state of vulnerability at this time. Because of this the rules in many retirement homes are extremely strict when it comes to social interaction and many of these folk are struggling with the confinement and isolation imposed on them. They are not allowed to see their family members and many are feeling very lonely and rejected.
- Pray for them to have the strength and grace to cope with this situation.
- Pray against a spirit of fear and anxiety. Lets pray that God would use these circumstances to draw many folk to Him at this time and that people would experience Him in new and fresh ways in the solitude of their rooms.
- Pray for the Lord to work out His purposes in each and every life.
- Pray for Him to give each person a sense of purpose for each new day.
- Pray for His peace over their hearts and minds.
- Pray for a deep spirit of compassion and caring from carers and nursing staff who are looking after the elderly at this time.
If you have Prayer Requests, please take note of our prayer chains below:
Emergency Prayer Chain
For needs of a critical nature – such as hospitalisation / illness.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 021 713 4080 (feedback is appreciated).
General Prayer Chain
Glenn Withey coordinates the ministry prayer chain and she can be contacted on 021 715 0878
Claudine Grinker coordinates the ministry prayer chain and she can be contacted on 079 225 5819