Prayer is so powerful and as Christians we have the great privilege of calling out to the creator of Heaven and Earth! As a church, we would like to encourage you to pray as much as possible during this time. Co-ordinate with your Life Group, with a friend or partner or alone in your closet. Our Father hears us when we pray!
President Ramophosa has called for prayer on this evening of the 26th March. He has invited us all to pray for the protection and healing of our land and its people from this disease between 6 and 6.30pm tonight.
THIS WEEKS PRAYER FOCUS:
Pray for those who will be economically effected by the shutdown
Whilst necessary to contain the spread of the virus, the National Lockdown will have severe economic effects on many people, both inside and outside our Connect community. Please pray for:
- Those who will not be able to generate income during this time:
- Those in the retail, entertainment, tourism, beauty, property and other similar industries
- Those in informal employment, such as gardeners, domestic workers, etc.
- Pray for God’s provision for those affected in this way
- Small Business Owners
- Who need to pay staff and rent, but are without income
- Pray that they would be able to have access to, and favour from, the government channels available for this purpose
- Pray for God’s peace, provision and grace for those affected in this way
If you have Prayer Requests, please take note of our prayer chains below:
Emergency Prayer Chain
For needs of a critical nature – such as hospitalisation / illness.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 021 713 4080 (feedback is appreciated).
General Prayer Chain
Glenn Withey coordinates the ministry prayer chain and she can be contacted on 021 715 0878
Claudine Grinker coordinates the ministry prayer chain and she can be contacted on 079 225 5819